Custom Search

Monday, June 8, 2009

Labrador Hip Problems (update)

Ended up having to take Gunner to the vet. I went outside Friday morning and he couldn't even get up. It was a site I hope I never see again but know I probably will eventually. I went inside and called the vet to see if they could see him. I had to drop him off (which I absolutely hated to do) and they would work him in sometime during the day. I waited by the phone all day until I finally got the call he was ready to come home. After x-rays, office visit and medicine what turned out to be a sprain or twist cost me $159. If I would have gave it another day or two he probably would have been fine but that morning he couldn't get up was enough for me to take action. It was money well spent just to make sure my buddy was ok. Gunner did kinda piss me off a little the next day when he was running, jumping and very energetic. I just glad everything turned out ok. As I left the vet that day one of the techs told me not to let him be to active. I said laughing I'll try but that's gonna be a tough job.

No comments:

Post a Comment